1. The digital visual interface (DVI) provides a high speed digital connection for visual data types.
2. That is display technology independent.
3. The interface is primarily focused on providing a connection between a computer and its display devices.
4. The DVI specification meets the needs of all segments of the PC industry (work station, desktop, laptop, etc.) and will enable these different segments to unite around one monitor interface specification.
1. Content to remain in the loss less digital domain from creation for consumption. 2. Display technology independence. 3. Plug and play through hot detection, EDID and DDC2B. 4. Digital and analog support in a single connector.