This application is relatively new to the plastics industry. Using IMD, multiple colors and graphics can be added in a single operation. The basics for IMD are as follows:
1. A polycarbonate (PC/PET/ACRYLIC) film is printed with the graphics of your choice.
2. This PC film is thermoformed to the exact shape of your part.
3. The film is then trimmed of excess material leaving a thin replica of the part exterior.
4. The formed film is placed into the cavity of the mold.
5. Plastic (PC/PC+ABS/ACRYLIC/ABS) is injected behind the film to add rigidity and function.
We can produce any sizes and styles as your requests, welcome OEM & ODM.