1. Silicone rubber keypad contacts or keypads are made of high elastic, nontoxic silicone rubber compounds, which are processed by compression or injection molding and curing. This results in economic and reliable keypads which ensure high productivity and useful life. It also provides great convenience for integrating with the printed circuit boards in any form. The sensitivity and tactile feedback can be adjusted to satisfy the operator needs. Due to its excellent characteristics, the silicone rubber switch is utilized in various industries to satisfy cost, reliability, environmental, and ergonomic / cosmetic styling needs.
2. Silicone rubber keypads offer a superior alternate look and feel than that of traditional polyester or polycarbonate graphics. At Elcom Design, Inc., we offer a vast multitude of design options and enhancements for electrometric applications including abrasion, chemical and UV resistance; carbon pill and polyester half switch designs, screen-printed or laser etched graphics, as well as epoxy enhancements and edge gasket configurations.
1. Contact resistance: < 200 Ohms.
2. Actuation force: 100 +/- 25 grams typical.
3. Life cycle: 1,000,000 typical.
4. Contact bounce: 10msec. max.
5. Pretravel: 0.20mm typical.
6. Operation temperature: -40° C to +150°C.
7. Storage temperature: -50°C to +150°C.
8. Travel: 0.8mm to 120mm typical.
9. Material hardness: 50+/- 5shore A typical.