The new MV20 "WAVE" Maxi system is our latest product innovation for large-format vertical gel electrophoresis. Designed to perform a variety of separations, icnluding first-and second-dimension SDS-PAGE, native, preparative, gradient and high-resolution nucleic acid electrophoresis, plus capillary tube gel IEF and electroblotting, the MV-20 WAVE system is one of the most versatile maxi vertical systems available.
By Introducing innovative, new vertical screw-clamp technology within the PAGE insert only four screws are now necessary to secure as many 20x20 gels. This gives the MV20 WAVE system the elective advantage of a much faster set up speed compared to competitor products whose traditional clamping configurations require as many as 24 screws to secure just two glass plates.
In addition, the WAVE's vertical screw-clamp configuration distributes pressure evenly along the height of the gel rather than in the centre to eliminate plate bowing and gel compression, but still maintains a leak-proof seal during casting; while the ergonomic wave-like design of the PAGE insert aids both handling and set up.
|Unit Dimension (W x L x H)||approx. 260 x 170 x 280mm|
|Plate Dimension (W x L)||200 x 200mm|
|Gel Dimension (W x L)||160 x 175mm|
|Maximum Sample||192 samples, 48 samples per gel|
|Buffer Volume||1200 ~ 5600ml|
|Cooling method||Cooling coil|
|Dummy plate and Casting Base||Yes|
|Construction||Injection molded construction|
|Durable, leak proof environment for complete safety and long life|
|Electrical safety||Lid can only be fastened in one way|
|On removal, power is disconnected from buffer chamber|
|Rapid Casting Gel||Use gel casting base|
* More gels- run 2 to 4 gels simultaneously in standard 2-gel WAVE and 4-gel WAVE TETRAD systems.
* Customize your system- for second-dimension runs with 18 cm IPG strips and gels using the IEF conversion kit.
* Utilize modular inserts- with the same universal tanka nd lid to extend theapplication of your standard WAVE unit to create a complete 2-D or blotting system.
* Vertical screw-clamps distribute pressure evenly along the height of the gel to prevent plate bowing and gel compression.
* Glass plates compress gently against a flat, level gasket to prevent current leakage from the inner buffer chamber during electrophoresis.
* Detachable inner cooling coil connects to the laboratory water supply or a recirculating chiller to provide uniform, smile-free electrophoresis, while allowing runs to be performed at higher voltage.
* Deep gel tank with adequate clearance beneath the glass plates to allow a magnetic stirrer to maintain buffer recirculation and uniform pH.