The innovative SafeBlue illuminator is an unit with combination of a small power supply with blue light illuminator. The system emits blue light which allows you to view your DNA/RNA bands without worrying about the harmful UV damage to your precious samples and eyes. SafeBlue illuminator could also be used as a simple blue light illuminator to cut your samples from gels.
Combination with electrophoresis tank is also available (please see MBE-150 P01/02 for more detail information).
Combination with electrophoresis tank and gel documentation system is also available (please see MBE-PLUS for more detail information).
Output Voltage / Inc.
10 – 150V / 1V
Output Current / Inc.
10 – 300mA / 1mA
Constant Voltage or Current
1 – 999 minutes with alarm, continuous
No load detection
Blue Light Wavelength
Ambient to 40℃
(W x L x H )11.53"x 7.87" x 3.15" (293 x 200 x 80mm)
Approx. 2.4 lb (1.1 kg)
Polycarbonate housing and aluminum base plate
Input: 100 – 240VAC, 50/60Hz, 1.4A
Output: 15VDC, 4.0A, 60W max.
* Compatible with electrophoresis gel tank for the entire electrophoresis system
* Entire ME15 gel tank can be fitted perfectly on top of viewing platform.
* Compatible with gel trays 15 x 15cm or smaller.
* Gel tank or UV tray can directly be placed on the viewing platform for gel observation.
* Optimized for blue-light specific nucleic acid stains, especially SYBR Gold, SYBR Green I/II, SYBR Safe, Midori Green Direct and Novel Juice.
* Time saving with immediate visualization of DNA/RNA band migration.
* Blue light LEDs do not require UV safety equipment.
* Compatible with MBE-IMG Image System.
* Optional tray holders are available.
* Capable of easy, safe and direct viewing your DNA bands from the blue LED lights.